|Title:||Government Sales- Business Development Manager|
Apex IT Group, a GSA Schedule 70 vendor, is seeking an experienced Government Business Development Manager. The Government Business Development Manager will develop and manage the government business development activities for the company from opportunity to award.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GOVERNMENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- With the CEO, develop plan to bring in new sales opportunities in the government sector.
- Cultivate leads and bid opportunities through market research and utilizing the federal marketplace
- Manage and administer the RFP process from conception to submission
- Manage and administer GSA vendor process
- Develop relationships with appropriate government sector contacts
- Prepare presentations or meetings with appropriate targets if applicable
- Direct Apex team members to help complete government processes and administer awards and contracts.
- Help manage awards and government clients to success
- Accurately track progress and report on government sales activities and revenue goals
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE GOVERNMENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- 2+ years proven success in a government sales role
- Ability to drive the pipeline for new business
- Foster relationships with key contacts
- Understand and manage the government procurement process from beginning to end including, but not limited to the following: Marketing, Lead Generation, RFP, Pricing Structures, Presentations and Close processes
- Tracking and Coordinating the necessary activities.
- A strong technical acumen or direct knowledge of the MSP/IT Support Industry is preferred.
- Strong communicator and organizational abilities.
- A fierce drive to succeed personally and professionally with set goals in mind.
- A methodical, flexible, knowledgeable approach and ability to stay focused.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN APEX?
- We recognize and reward talent.
- Opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Excellent benefits, including medical, vision, dental and life insurance--some plans including health paid 100% by us!
- We offer a generous paid time off (PTO) program and competitive 401k plan with employer match.
- Great work environment!
- Work/Life Balance
- Strong company offering stability with huge growth potential
ABOUT APEX IT GROUP
Apex IT Group is a leader in Managed IT, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and IT Project Services for businesses nationwide. We have been recognized as one of Philadelphia’s fastest growing businesses and best places to work by the Philadelphia Business Journal. Our executive team consists of highly respected leaders in the industry giving our teams front-line access and a hand in what's cutting edge in our industry. Our company thrives on a foundation of strong processes, teamwork and a passion for exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our success and long term relationships with our clients are due to our experience, integrity and commitment to be the best we can be. None of which is possible without great teams of people--our greatest asset!