Apex IT Group currently has an opening for a Network Administrator. The Network Administrator will be responsible for planning and conducting client Disaster Recovery Drills, performing successful new client onboardings, and working with the Project Team to provide third level client support. This is an opportunity to gain experience with a broad range of technologies and grow both your technical and business skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE IT PROJECT ENGINEER
Plan and Conduct Client Disaster Recovery Drills:
- Build Client Disaster Recovery Environment Used for Testing and Production
- Configure Clients DR Environment and Conduct Testing with Client Technology Users
- Perform Disaster Recovery Reporting and Recommendations for Use in Live Disaster
Conduct New Client Onboarding Process:
- Participate in the New Client Kickoff Process
- Participate in the Lockdown and Transition of Outgoing IT Support Provider
- Work with the Managed Services Teams to Facilitate the New Client Onboarding, Including the Deployment of Centralized IT Management and Support Tools
- Perform Discovery of the Clients Overall IT Environment
- Benchmark Client Technology Sectors Against Standards and Best Practices
- Collect Documentation of the IT Environment for Use by Internal Support Teams
- Develop Documentation of the Client IT Environment Including: Network Information and Network Diagrams Used for Internal Support Teams to Deliver IT Services
- Perform Knowledge Transfers of Client IT Environments to Internal Support Teams
Participate on the Project Team to Provide Client Support Services as Needed:
- Provide 3rd Level Support to Internal IT Teams to Help Troubleshoot and Resolve Client Network and Systems Issues
- Participate in Client IT Projects
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time experience working with small to large scale enterprise IT environments
- Active Directory experience a must
- Some knowledge of enterprise backup solutions
- Basic knowledge of Firewall appliances (Cisco, SonicWall, WatchGuard)
- Some exposure to VMware (current and supported versions)
- Windows Remote Desktop Server (current and supported versions) -a plus
- Professional IT certifications not required, but a plus: Microsoft MCP, MCITP, MCSA or MCSE, Citrix, CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA or CCDA, or VMware VCP
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN APEX?
- We recognize and reward talent.
- Opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- Excellent benefits, including medical, vision, dental and life insurance--some plans including health paid 100% by us!
- We offer a generous paid time off (PTO) program and competitive 401k plan with employer match.
- Great work environment!
- Work/Life Balance
- Strong company offering stability with huge growth potential
ABOUT APEX IT GROUP
Apex IT Group is a leader in Managed IT, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing and IT Project Services for businesses nationwide. We have been recognized as one of Philadelphia’s fastest growing businesses and best places to work by the Philadelphia Business Journal. Our executive team consists of highly respected leaders in the industry giving our teams front-line access and a hand in what's cutting edge in our industry. Our company thrives on a foundation of strong processes, teamwork and a passion for exceeding our customers’ expectations. Our success and long term relationships with our clients are due to our experience, integrity and commitment to be the best we can be. None of which is possible without great teams of people--our greatest asset!
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: