|Title:||Centralized Services Engineer|
Apex IT Group, a recognized leader in the Managed IT Services Industry located in Mount Laurel, NJ is seeking an experienced Centralized Services Engineer (CSE). The CSE is responsible for managing the proactive monitoring and automated maintenance of a customer’s critical business technology, with the goal of preventing problems before they occur.
The CSE is responsible for engaging in and completing the following activities:
- Management of the Centralized Services (CS) Tools Dashboard and symmetric application of managed services tools across the client base.
- Deployment and management of Apex Centralized Services tools suite for new Apex clients.
- Daily engagement and application of centralized services, including proactive monitoring of managed systems, and reactive response and remedy of faulty systems.
- Assisting the entire managed services team in defining and developing industry standards and best practices for applications
- Engaging clients during new client on-boardings, tools deployments, and both routine and reactive services.
- Engaging in department evolution of Centralized Service activities, and keeping Apex in front of emerging technologies for the proactive and automated service of our client’s systems.
- Meeting departmental and role specific performance standards and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Maintaining process documentation for the CS department.
- Training Apex engineers on the application and use of CS tools.
QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum 3 Years Hands-On Experience):
- Microsoft Windows 2008, 2012, and 2016 Server administration
- AD, DNS, DHCP, Firewall, Hyper-V, and RDS
- Microsoft Windows 10 desktop support
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 – 2016 administration
- Cloud-based administration of Azure, Office 365, Dropbox, Box.com
- VMware 5.5 + administration
- Industry server and workstation hardware support
- Administration of Backup Technologies with Datto, VEEAM, or AppAssure
- Supporting Enterprise UTM (unified threat management), anti-virus and malware protection solutions
- Network backbone support and administration of devices including Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls
- Working knowledge of Centralized Services tools:
- System asset management agents
- System remote control software
- Network device and application software monitoring
- Patch management
- Malware and antivirus monitoring and remediation
- Web content filtering
- Email filtering
- Backup system monitoring
- DR Drill Processes
CERTIFICATIONS (A plus but not required):
- MSCE or MSCA
- MSP or MTA
- Network+ and/or Security+
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN APEX?
- This opportunity will expose you to a variety of technologies that will allow you to learn and evolve your IT skills, as well as your business acumen.
- We recognize and reward talent.
- We invest in our employees’ professional growth, making them more knowledgeable and valuable within the industry.
- Our employees are constantly encouraged and challenged to take their careers to the next level.
- We have excellent short-term and long-term benefits, including medical, vision, dental and life insurance.
- We offer a very generous paid time off (PTO) program and competitive 401k plan with employer match.
- You'll be part of a winning team and enjoy a great work environment and culture!
ABOUT APEX IT GROUP
Apex IT Group is the leader in Managed IT, Cloud Computing and IT Project Services for technology-driven and value-focused businesses in the Delaware Valley. We have been recognized as one of Philadelphia’s fastest growing businesses and best places to work by the Philadelphia Business Journal. Our executive team consists of highly respected individuals with the experience and knowledge of growing and running top-performing organizations, allowing you to learn from some of the best in the industry. Our company’s culture is built on the foundation of integrity, teamwork, passion for exceeding our customers’ expectations, a strong sense of urgency and having fun!
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: